Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 Stars
Free Hotel Nights and Perks with Marriott Rewards
|Regular APR:||17.49% – 26.49% (Variable)|
|Intro APR (Purchases):||None|
|Intro APR (Balance transfers):||None|
|Rewards Rate:||Earn 6X Marriot Bonvoy points on eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels|
Earn 3X Marriot Bonvoy points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines
Earn 2X points per $1 spent on all other purchases
Points don’t expire as long as you make purchases on your credit card every 24 months
|Credit Needed:||(740 – 850) Excellent|
|Card Brand:||American Express|
*See online credit card application for details on the terms and conditions.
- Click “APPLY NOW” to apply online
- Earn 75,000 bonus Marriot Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months
- Earn 6X Marriot Bonvoy points on eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- Earn 3X Marriot Bonvoy points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines
- Earn 2X points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees
- Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status with your Card. Earn Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status after making $75,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year
- Each calendar year you can receive credit for 15 nights towards the next level of Marriott Bonvoy Elite status. Limit one 15 Elite Night Credit per Marriott Bonvoy member account.
- With your Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express® Card, you can enroll in Priority Pass Select, which offers access to over 1,200 lounges in over 120 countries, regardless of which carrier or class you are flying
- Receive either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry or an $85 credit for TSA Pre✓®. TSA Pre✓® can expedite security screening and Global Entry can reduce wait time at U.S. Customs at select airports. If you are approved for Global Entry, you will also receive access to TSA Pre✓®
Is Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant ™ American Express® worth it?
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ from American Express is a great card for Marriott travelers with a lot of hotel perks. The signup bonus is 75,000 Bonus Points with the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months – that’s more than 2 nights of standard hotel room nights. You also get a free room night every year after you renew for rooms valued at up to 50,000 points: this is a higher room value than what you get with the lower-tier Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ card.
To offset the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express’s $450 annual fee, you also get $300 of statement credits each year that can be used for hotel bookings or for purchases at the hotel during your stay. As a cardholder you automatically earn Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status, so you get perks like 25% bonus points on hotel stays, room upgrade opportunities, 2pm checkout, and the fastest internet connection they have for free. The rewards rate is solid too: cardholders earn 6X points for every $1 spent at Marriott Bonvoy™ hotels.
- $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership
- 75,000 Bonus Points with the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months
- 6X points for every $1 spent at over 7,000 participating Marriott Bonvoy™ hotels, including Marriot, The Ritz-Carlton, Westin, Courtyard, Residence Inn, and more
- Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status
- No foreign transaction fee
- $450 annual fee
Why 5 Stars?
4 Stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
4 Stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
5 Stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
5 Stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
5 Stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Balance Transfer Fee||Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Fee||Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater|
|$0 Fraud Liability|
|Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver|
|Baggage Delay Insurance|
|Extended Warranty Program|
|Lost Luggage Reimbursement|
|Travel Accident Insurance|
|Trip Delay Reimbursement|
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinion, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author’s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Credit Cards Research:
Best Credit Cards for 2020
These are the best credit cards for 2020.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, check out these cards. These are the best cards for excellent credit with travel rewards and cash bonuses.
Best Credit Cards to Pay off Debt
The fastest way to pay off credit card debt is by transferring a balance to a 0% APR credit card. These are the best balance transfer cards on the market.