Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 Stars
Extra Cash Back for On Time Payments
|Regular APR:||17.24%* (Variable)|
|Intro APR (Purchases):||None|
|Intro APR (Balance transfers):||0% for 18 months|
|Rewards Rate:||Earn 2% cash back on purchases: 1% when you buy plus 1% as you pay|
|Credit Needed:||(670 – 850) Excellent/Good|
*See online credit card application for details on the terms and conditions.
- Click “APPLY NOW” to apply online
- Earn 2% cash back on purchases: 1% when you buy plus 1% as you pay
- To earn cash back, pay at least the minimum due on time.
- 0% intro APR on Balance Transfers for 18 months. After that, the variable APR will be 15.99% – 25.99% based on your creditworthiness.
- The standard variable APR for Citi Flex Plan is 15.99% – 25.99% based on your creditworthiness.
- Balance Transfers do not earn cash back.
- No categories to track, no caps on cash back, no annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Click “Apply Now” to see the applicable balance transfer fee and how making a balance transfer impacts interest on purchases.
Is Citi® Double Cash worth it?
Citi® Double Cash is a great card for cardholders who will pay their balance off on time and are looking for a flat-rate unlimited cash back card. Customers earn 1% cash back on all purchases and an additional 1% cash back for making on-time payments.
- 1% cash back on all purchases and 1% when cardholder pays the balance on-time
- Longer than average 18 month 0% Intro balance transfer period
- No annual fee
- No Intro bonus
- Foreign transaction fee
Why 5 Stars?
The normal, ongoing APR of 17.24% that applies to any balance you carry is below 20%. That’s a better than average credit card interest rate, but nothing to get excited about.
4 Stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
There’s no intro APR on purchases, so don’t get this card to buy something big you can’t pay off. But on the other hand, the balance transfer intro APR is 0% for 18 months. That’s about as good as it gets.
5 Stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
There’s no annual fee and no foreign transaction fee, which is always good news. But the cash advance fee is higher than average at 5%, plus there is an up to 29.99% penalty APR that kicks in if you miss a payment by paying late or having your payment returned. There are a lot of cards that don’t have a penalty APR at all.
4 Stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Unlimited 2% cash back – 1% when you make a purchase and 1% when you pay the bill – is as high as it gets. Sure, you can get higher cash back in revolving categories that you have to keep track of, but Citi Double Cash doesn’t make you jump through any hoops to get your cash.
5 Stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Get this card for the cash back or for the balance transfer option. Yeah the APR isn’t amazing and the fees have some gotchas, but if you can pay off your balance on time and avoid cash advances, you’ll be fine.
5 Stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
|Foreign Transaction Fee||0%|
|Balance Transfer Fee||3% of the balance transfer amount or $5, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Fee||5% of the transaction amount or $10, whichever is greater|
|Penalty APR||Up to 29.99% APR|
|$0 Fraud Liability|
|Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver|
|Extended Warranty Program|
|Travel Accident Insurance|
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by Citi. Any opinion, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author’s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Citi.
Credit Cards Research:
Best Credit Cards for 2020
These are the best credit cards for 2020.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, check out these cards. These are the best cards for excellent credit with travel rewards and cash bonuses.
Best Credit Cards to Pay off Debt
The fastest way to pay off credit card debt is by transferring a balance to a 0% APR credit card. These are the best balance transfer cards on the market.