Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 Stars
For Business Travelers with Travel Expenses
|Regular APR:||If you activate Pay Over Time: 19.74%|
|Intro APR (Purchases):||None|
|Intro APR (Balance transfers):||None|
|Rewards Rate:||5 Membership Rewards® points per dollar on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com|
1.5X points per dollar on eligible purchases of $5,000 or more (that’s an extra half point per dollar). Up to 1 million additional points per year
1X points for each dollar you spend on eligible purchases
|Credit Needed:||(670 – 850) Excellent/Good|
|Card Brand:||American Express®|
*See online credit card application for details on the terms and conditions.
- Click “APPLY NOW” to apply online
- Earn up to 110,000 Membership Rewards® points
- Earn 60,000 points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases on the Business Platinum Card® within your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com
- Make Business Purchases Rewarding. Get 50% More Points on Purchases of $5k or more and use points for flights and Get 35% Points Back
- $200 Airline Fee Credit. Select one qualifying airline and get a statement credit of up to $200 a calendar year for baggage fees and more
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply
- Enjoy the highest levels of luxury at any of our own networks, The Centurion® Lounge and The International American Express lounges, or visit one of our partners including Delta Sky Club® when flying Delta or a Priority PassTM Select lounge once enrolled
- Receive a statement credit every 4 years after you apply for Global Entry ($100) or every 4.5 years after you apply for TSA Pre ✔® ($85)
- When you book through Fine Hotels & Resorts, receive complimentary benefits including a room upgrade upon arrival when available1, daily breakfast for two people, guaranteed 4pm late check-out, noon check-in when available, complimentary Wi-Fi, and a unique amenity valued at US$100, such as a food & and beverage credit or one-way private sedan transfer
- As a Business Platinum Card Member, you can upgrade to Marriott BonvoyTM Gold Elite status without meeting any stay requirements
- With Hilton Honors Gold status, you can enjoy benefits at hotels and resorts within the Hilton Portfolio and earn reward stays faster with Hilton Honors Bonus Points
- Platinum travel counselors specialize in providing custom itineraries and tailored recommendations to help you make the most of your travels
- For air transportation provided by Delta, a Card Member who purchases a Delta Private Jet Card is entitled to a 20% discount off published fares for select fare classes in effect when booked
Is American Express Business Platinum Card worth it?
Business Platinum® from American Express is a great charge card for business travelers who travel often enough to gain rewards that more than make up for the $595 annual fee. Cardholders earn 5 Membership Rewards® points per dollar on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
If you need to carry a balance, you can use American Express’ Pay Over Time feature at an APR of 19.74%. You essentially now have a credit card, but not all charges will get carried over into the next month. You choose between the Extended Payment Option, where charges over $100 are automatically moved into your Pay Over Time balance, Select & Pay Later, where you manually choose charges over $100 to move into your Pay Over Time balance, or Sign & Travel, where airline tickets, hotel stays, car rentals, cruises and charges in other countries are moved into your Pay Over Time balance. It’s not the simplest program but whichever choice you select, you basically now have a credit card, where you can choose to pay the full balance, the minimum payment, or anything in between. This is in contrast to what would normally happen with a charge card, where you are required to pay the full balance every month, and if you don’t, you incur a late fee even if you pay an amount that would be above what would be considered the normal minimum payment if the card were a credit card. Charge cards also don’t impact your credit, because you are not extended a credit line.
- 5X points on airfare and prepaid hotel rooms on AmexTravel.com
- High Intro bonus of up to 100,000 bonus points – 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases in first 90 days after account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- $595 Annual fee
- Not the highest unlimited rewards rate on all other purchases
Why 4 Stars?
4 Stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
4 Stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
4 Stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
5 Stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
4 Stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Balance Transfer Fee||No Balance Transfers Allowed|
|Cash Advance Fee||No Cash Advances Allowed|
|Penalty APR||Up to 29.99%|
|$0 Fraud Liability|
|Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver|
|Extended Warranty Program|
|Travel Accident Insurance|
|Lost Luggage Reimbursement|
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinion, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author’s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Credit Cards Research:
Best Credit Cards for 2020
These are the best credit cards for 2020.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, check out these cards. These are the best cards for excellent credit with travel rewards and cash bonuses.
Best Credit Cards to Pay off Debt
The fastest way to pay off credit card debt is by transferring a balance to a 0% APR credit card. These are the best balance transfer cards on the market.