Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 Stars
For Frequent Amtrak Travelers
|Regular APR:||16.74% – 24.74% (Variable)|
|Intro APR (Purchases):||None|
|Intro APR (Balance transfers):||None|
|Rewards Rate:||Earn 3 points for every $1 spent on Amtrak travel, including onboard purchases|
Earn 2 points per $1 spent on other qualifying travel purchases
Earn 1 Point per $1 spent on all other purchases
|Credit Needed:||(670 – 850) Excellent/Good|
*See online credit card application for details on the terms and conditions.
- Click “APPLY NOW” to apply online
- Get 20,000 bonus points after you make $1,000 or more in purchases on your new card within 90 days of account opening. That’s enough points to redeem for a trip to many of our over 500 destinations across the country.
- Get a 5% Amtrak Guest Rewards point rebate when you book your Amtrak redemption travel.
- Annual Companion Coupon: Get a Companion Coupon upon account opening and each year when your account renews (worth up to $300 in Amtrak travel)
- Annual Upgrade Coupon: Get an Upgrade Coupon upon account opening and each year when your account renews for an enhanced travel experience (worth up to $150 in Amtrak travel)
- Get a 5% Amtrak Guest Rewards point rebate when you book your Amtrak redemption travel
- A faster route to tier status: Earn 1,000 Tier Qualifying Points (TQPs) toward earning tier status each time your eligible spending reaches $5,000 in a calendar year, up to 4,000 TQPs per year
- Onboard Purchases Rebate: Get a 20% rebate on your food and beverage purchases onboard when you use your Amtrak Guest Rewards® World Mastercard®
- Complimentary Station Lounge Pass: Get a complimentary Single-Visit Station Lounge pass upon account opening (worth up to $25 in Amtrak travel)
Is Amtrak Guest Rewards® World Mastercard® worth it?
Amtrak Guest Rewards® World Mastercard® is a great card for travelers who regularly travel by train on Amtrak.
- Earn 3 Points per $1 spent on Amtrak travel, including onboard purchases.
- Annual Companion Coupon
- Earn 1,000 Tier Qualifying Points towards elite status for every $5,000 you spend on your card, up to 4,000 TQPs annually
- Reasonable annual fee for regular Amtrak travelers
- No airline transfer partners
- penalty APR
Why 4 Stars?
4 Stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
4 Stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
4 Stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
5 Stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
4 Stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Balance Transfer Fee||3% of the amount of each transaction or $10, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Fee||3% of the amount of each transaction or $10, whichever is greater|
|Penalty APR||Up to 29.99%|
$0 Fraud Liability
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinion, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author’s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Credit Cards Research:
Best Credit Cards for 2020
These are the best credit cards for 2020.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, check out these cards. These are the best cards for excellent credit with travel rewards and cash bonuses.
Best Credit Cards to Pay off Debt
The fastest way to pay off credit card debt is by transferring a balance to a 0% APR credit card. These are the best balance transfer cards on the market.